Pediatric Half Apron - Regular Lead
Pediatric Half Apron features frontal protection with convenient hook and loop fastener.
- Provides standard 0.5mm Pb equivalency protection
- Ideal for younger patients as it is sized for pediatric use
Approximate Apron Weights:
- Small: 1.5 lbs
- Medium: 1.8 lbs
- Large: 2.6 lbs
Due to the fact that these items are made to order in your size and/or color selection, the manufacturer does not accept returns.
Please note all radiation protection apparel items are made to order. Production time will be 15-20 business days for your item to be made before it is shipped. Shipping/transit time is additional.
If an expedited shipping method is selected, it will change ONLY the number of days your shipment is in transit; it will have no effect on item production time.
If you wish to RUSH the transit time of your item, please select an expedited shipping method at check out. If you wish to RUSH the production time of your item please select the RUSH SERVICE option on the item page. Regrettably, RUSH SERVICE is not available on all items.
|Country of Manufacture
|Item Ships From
Failure to properly care for your garment may result in harm to the garment, as well as void its 2 Year Limited Warranty.
Storage: Don't fold, crease, drape or sit down tightly on your SHIELDING garments. We strongly recommend that our aprons be hung on a heavy duty chrome hanger. Hook and loop closures must be secured properly to avoid snagging or tearing of fabric. Always store apron with hook and loop closed. Avoid contact with hot surfaces or lengthy direct exposure to sunlight. For transportation, the garments should be carefully rolled up and put in a box or tube.
Cleaning: Keep your garment clean by wiping away stains as soon as possible, using cold water and mild detergent. Do not autoclave. Do not dry clean. Do not iron. Do not machine wash. Do not use bleach or harsh chemicals.
Approved disinfectants for vinyl and weblon materials: Galahad, LPH, Amphyl, One-Stroke, Vesphene II, Viro-Chek, Alcide LD.
Inspection We recommend that your x-ray protective garment is inspected thoroughly upon receipt and at regular intervals as determined under your radiation safety program. During a plain film radiographic inspection you may observe:
- Light spots, small or large, may appear which indicate localized thicker attenuating content particles. This effect increases xray protection and should be of no concern.Darker shaded areas can appear which usually indicates a thickness variation in the material. If a sharp edge defines the darker area, this may be the result of damage to one or more of the garment's 2 to 5 plies of protective material. This is often caused by stress from the misuse and/or improper handling of these garments (i.e. folding, draping or creasing the garments).
- A small amount of dark spots, often referred to as pin holing can appear which is inherent to the manufacturing process. As long as there are no dark spots exceeding 5 mm in diameter health physicists have determined they are of no concern. This should not be interpreted as defective manufacturing. There should be concern if you find dark spots or holes larger than 5 mm or an area which shows many small spots clumped together.
- There should be concern if dark lines appear as they usually indicate possible cracks or severe thinning in the material. This is normally caused by one or more plies cracking or deteriorating as a result of misuse, mishandling, or age.
- Please inspect garments for any visible defects in workmanship and notify us immediately if your garment is not satisfactory.
SHIELDING INTERNATIONAL™ warrants Regular Lead and Lightweight Lead x-ray protection apparel from material defects and workmanship for a period of (2) years from the date of purchase. Our warranty does not cover damage from misuse, accident or neglect. Seller's obligation is hereby limited exclusively to repair and replacement of any defective products. Seller hereby disclaims all other warranties, either expressed or implied including any implied warranty of merchantability. There are no warranties which extend beyond the description of the face hereof.