- Shipping charges may be calculated in the shopping cart, or will be displayed on the checkout page prior to submitting your payment information. Costs listed are actual charges based on the package weight and dimensions as well as the ship from and ship to zip codes. Please note, whenever possible shipments are combined into as few shipping cartons as feasible. Many items do ship from various locations and therefore items may arrive in separate shipments.
- Please note, free shipping only applies to certain skus. When ordering multiple skus shipping fees will be assessed for skus that do not qualify for free shipping. Shipments to Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico do not qualify for free shipping.
- Item availability & order processing times vary by manufacturer. Most stocked items will ship within 3 business days of order processing. Custom products and products with color selections can take up to 3 weeks to manufacture. Please read the detailed description for product availability information.
- Universal Medical's shipping terms are FOB Destination, Freight Prepaid & Add.
- Universal Medical's preferred carrier is UPS. Ground shipping is the most economical shipping option. Next Day and Second Day Air Priority shipping options are available, but do not include delivery on weekends or holidays.
Using Your Freight Account: Unfortunately, Universal Medical does not currently offer the option to use your facility's freight account. This is because when billing the receiver’s account Universal Medical no longer has access to vital shipment information such as the tracking number, proof of delivery access and the ability to file loss or damage claims on your behalf.
LTL and Freight Delivery: If the item you are purchasing exceeds certain weight or dimensional restrictions, truck transportation is more economical than using parcel service. Common carriers transport your item on a truck. The standard procedure for common carriers is to arrive at the receiving destination, back up to the loading dock and have the unloading performed by the receiver. Any service that is outside of the "standard procedure" will result in additional charges and their need should be conveyed at the time of order placement. Additional services may include:
Liftgate Requirement: This is necessary when a loading or receiving dock is not present at the receiving location. Liftgate delivery will be made to the exterior of the building only. Liftgate delivery does not include bringing the parcel indoors.
Inside Delivery: This is necessary when the receiver is unable to bring the parcel inside the building of their own accord. Inside delivery includes bringing the parcel within the first set of doors at the receiving location. It does not include moving the parcel to a particular suite or room. It also does not include bringing the parcel in an elevator – passenger or freight.