Patient Transfer considerations are substantial, not only for patient comfort, but to ensure employees are not injured in the process. We offer a complete Patient Transfer line to provide multiple options for your patient transfer needs - no matter the patient. Our devices allow for moving patients in multiple positions and scenarios. In addition to these offerings, we have also considered such topics as static electricity in patient transfer. A number of our Patient Transfer offerings are static treated to allow for a comfortable environment under which a patient can carefully be moved. Our latest addition to patient transfer options allows bariatric patients to be carefully moved while preventing injury to employees and patients in the process.
Transferring patients requires serious consideration; one must consider not only the patient, but also your employees safety. Patient transfer boards offer all-around dependability and safety because they allow patients to be moved safely and comfortably, as well as prevent personnel from injury. Medical mover boards decrease the risk of employee injury each time a patient is transported. The patient slider creates a support surface beneath the patient, allowing the employee to minimize back strain. Owning a top-of-the-line patient shifter board, affords you the confidence that all potential risks have been minimized.
Patient transfer boards available through Universal Medical are lightweight and designed to avoid straining the lifters' backs. Several of the mobility boards are semi-flexible to accommodate patients' differing positions, yet still sturdy enough to support the patient between surfaces. Our medical transfer boards also come in bariatric and pediatric varieties to slide patients of all sizes. In fact, Universal Medical has patient sliders with multiple functions to best suit your needs:
- An ultra smooth patient transport board creates a surface between bed & stretcher on which the patient can be slid
- Patient roller boards with covered ball bearings for easy patient sliding with fewer employees present
- Carbon patient mobility boards thwart uncomfortable static charge.
- Beasy Boards, curved boards with round discs, optimal for moving a patient in the seated position
- Patient transfer boards with rounded edges and multiple holes for gripping to prevent staff injury.