One of the most critical aspects of any surgical procedure, the proper positioning of the patient can have significant impacts on surgery results. Even seemingly minor shifts in positioning can have potentially detrimental effects, including breathing difficulties, cardiac problems, spikes or dips in blood pressure, muscle strain, nerve damage, and excess bleeding. To help create the most favorable operating conditions for the surgeon, medical assistants often use patient positioning aids to provide easier access to the area being operated on. From general surgical positioning devices to extremely specialized medical positioners, Universal Medical offers all the tools you need for an efficient, ergonomic operating room.
At Universal Medical, we pride ourselves on working with the industry's finest manufacturers of surgical positioning devices, to create the safest, most comfortable operating environment for the physician and the patient.
- We offer a range of specific surgical positioning devices designed to isolate certain parts of the anatomy for targeted procedures, including neck and head positioners, extremity positioners, and torso positioners. These tools help to ensure immobilization and proper patient positioning.
- You'll also find more general surgical patient positioning tools, including rectangle positioners, foam wedges in all sizes, and surgical positioning sets that include a variety of shapes in one package.
- Our pediatric immobilizers help to ensure the comfort and safety of infants and children during many different pediatric examinations.
- The latest innovation in surgical positioning devices, our gel positioners provide flexible comfort during procedures.
- We also offer all of the necessary accessories for proper patient positioning, including compression devices, sand bags, bean bag immobilizers, compression devices, and Velcro safety straps.