Because the knee supports almost all of one’s body weight, this joint is highly susceptible to injury. With the help of knee models, however, it is easy to see how the three main components, the femur, patella, and tibia, work together, and how they can buckle under stressful situations. Since medical students need to understand the knee joint anatomy in order to treat inevitable conditions, knee education models are useful classroom aids.
Universal Medical offers several remarkable knee models from which to study and learn. With colorful, tangible models, the structure of the knee joint is not nearly as mysterious as it might seem. Our products are sure to educate students and patients alike:
- Knee joint model that demonstrates various movements like abduction, anteversion, retroversion, and internal/external rotation, available in both functional and deluxe editions.
- Half-size knee 3d models with or without a base featuring a cross-section of the bone.
- Deluxe model that demonstrates potential disorders of the knee.
- Color-coded anatomical knee with removable parts to show the musculature.
- Basic rigid model mounted with an educational card to label the anatomy of the knee joint.
- Set of four knee models with one normal and three showing the stages of osteoarthritis.
- Models with detachable ligaments for in depth inspection of the joint.