Medical professionals utilize computed tomography (CT) to produce 3D images of objects from a collection of two-dimensional x-ray images. Because quality CT scans, formerly known as CAT scans, require top performing machinery, researchers have developed CT imaging phantoms to analyze whether CT equipment is functioning properly. In addition to verifying that CT technology works correctly, CT scan phantoms are also ideal for beginning medical students to practice and master the use of the equipment without putting real patients at risk.
Universal Medical offers a collection of respected CT imaging phantoms to meet your various needs, such as:
One of the more popular forms of phantoms is 3-D body part phantoms. These radiology phantoms take both the shape and imitate properties of the human parts. Medical employees use these x-ray phantoms with their advanced machinery to test their output and productivity. Medical students also find these radiology simulating phantoms useful as safe and accurate models to test CT technology before performing the procedures on real humans.
- Orthopedic calibration phantom
- CT dose phantom complying to all of the FDA’s performance standards.
- For scanning of the bladder and prostate, a male pelvic phantom.
- Spiral helical CT phantom optimal for detecting tiny lesions in the abdominal cavity.
- To increase the accuracy of your treatment planning, an electron density phantom.
- CT therapy board for a lightweight yet sturdy bed inside the machine.
- Forearm CT training phantoms available in a set of three.
- IMRT phantoms of the head and torso, head and neck, thorax, and pelvis.
- Abdominal CT x-ray phantom that come in a range of patient sizes as determined by age.
- CT quality assurance phantoms meet ACR accreditation standards, thus increasing patient confidence and demonstrating a commitment to quality.