The Boomerang is a compensating filter to even out the density of shoulder radiographs as well as the Thorax, nasion and chin. The models FI-01 & FI-01-01 measure 29 cm L x 19 cm W x 4.5 cm H.|
- Metal chain along the periphery indicates the presence and position of the filter on the film. It projects outside the anatomy, and reduces risks of legal litigations.
- Area of maximum absorption: equivalent to +/- 9 cm of muscle for large shoulders, cephalometry, etc.
- Area of intermediate absorption: 45° gradient, for smaller shoulders
- Area of minimum absorption: 30° gradient, v.g. for patella
- The shadow of the shoulder from the light localizer should fall at the desired absorption level B, C or D. The filter will stay in the vertical position with a slight pressure from the rotated trunk.
- The first compensating filter used next to the patient
- Avoid overexposure of subtle peripheral lesions
- Opaque chain incorporated at the periphery, always beyond the skin
- Adheres vertically with every little pressure
- Resists alcohol, Zephiran and heat
- Made of silicone rubber
- Shoulder (particularly air-anthrograms): Even out the density of shoulder radiographs
- Lower Maxilla: The anterior part is not over-penetrated
- T-1 to T-3: On patients with prominent lower chest, these over-exposed vertebrae are protected by the inverted Boomerang
- Cephalometry: No more barium coating on the skin. Just place the thickest part of the Boomerang towards the surface landmarks. If dust is washed away with water, it will hold vertically with very little pressure
- Patella: The lower anterior part is protected
- Superficial Bone Lesion: Not over-exposed by tomography
- Can be used with digital or analog imaging
Contact Customer Service to obtain return authorization. Unauthorized returns will be refused. The product will be inspected to ensure it is returned in unused, resalable condition. A restocking charge will be assessed by the manufacturer. All shipping charges remain payable by the purchaser.